Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

In a few days we leave for vacation.  We are headed with the whole family to Montana to do our thing near Glacier National Park.  Now, I'm no nature lover, but I think there's going to be a whole lot of hiking, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, and basically everything outdoors.  I am going to need a vacation from my vacation!

I have taken some good vacations in my lifetime, but two really stick out.  One was our impromptu trip to Key West.  We decided on a Thursday, bought tickets on a Friday, and left on a Saturday (or something like that).  It wasn't the usually Key West vacation of drinking and debauchery, but instead was relaxing and perfect.

Another favorite trip of ours was to Italy and Switzerland (There are lots of blog entries for this trip.  Click on June and July 2007 for more.) for our fifth anniversary.  This trip was epic!  We visited Milan, Florence, Rome, Venice, and Zermatt, Switzerland.  I loved Italy and cannot wait to go back.

And for every great trip, there's always a bad.  Although London was an amazing trip and seeing the Olympics may be a highlight of my life, taking this trip while 5 and 6 weeks pregnant was rough.  I was sick, I was tired, and I didn't want to do anything.  I couldn't experience the food or beverages.  Someday I'd like to do London again and would love, love, love to see another Olympics.

So, what is your favorite and least favorite vacations you have been on and why?

No comments: