Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Having Second Thoughts

I have enjoyed the multisport training I have done this winter.  Swimming and biking has been good addition.  It's helped me get stronger and faster without piling on the miles and risking injury.  In fact, I haven't had a single week of training for this marathon where I've reached 40 miles in a week.  Yet, I'm running faster than I have in a good six years.  Of course, as soon as this marathon is over the focus will actually be triathlon.

I have a confession, though.

I have only signed up for one triathlon.  And it wasn't Nationals.  And, I'm having some second thoughts regarding actually doing triathlon.  I'm not very confident when it comes to triathlon.  I'm not very good.  That frustrates me.  I easily talk myself out of doing well and that's just dumb.  And to be honest, I'm doing really well at running right now, why would I want to switch over to triathlon?

I'm just being ridiculous, right?  Why would you turn down your chance to race at Nationals?  I just need to pull on my big girl panties and suck it up.  Sign up for those races already, Mer!!!

2 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I admire people who do tris, I am such a one sport wonder. I hate biking and my swimming is enough to keep me from drowning but it isnt pretty. I say sign up already!

Carina said...

I def think you need to sign up for nationals, on behalf of all those who don't have the chance -- it's a rare opportunity!