Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Teddy Geiger and I are no longer friends

Fair warning...this post has nothing to do about running.

I must admit, I'm kind of a music snob. Not in the sense that I only listen to underground music that nobody knows and only is played on MTV2, but I enjoy real music. You know, people who can actually play instruments and write their own stuff. My MP3 collection contains a lot of Harry Connick, Jr., Michael Buble, Jamie Cullum, Simon and Garfunkel, and what I call chick rock like Bethany Dillon, Jennifer Knapp, Michelle Branch, Saving Jane, etc.

Recently I was one of about three people who were watching Love Monkey on CBS and was introduced to Teddy Geiger. He's this teenager who an amazing voice and plays the guitar and has a really great song right now that's being played on top 40 called For You I Will (Confidence). This morning I happen to catch the video on MTV.


Sidenote, yes I am turning 28 on Easter and yes I still watch MTV, A LOT! So what?!


Anyway, the video. There's always a love interest in the video and this one was no exception. And who was it? Freakin' Kristen Cavalleri (from Laguna Beach). Ew! Why Teddy, why?

Suffice it to say, Teddy Geiger and I are no longer friends.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Cancelled, I believe. :)

It was cute, but not very deep. It was based on a book of the same name that I'll probably check out of the library some time.

pookalu said...

yeah, i caught about two minutes of that show, and it's either on "hiatus" or canceled permanently.