Friday, March 03, 2006

'Tis The Season

'Tis track season. And it all started yesterday with conditioning. Monday is the first official practice. To my surprise there were quite a few kids out for conditioning (more than we've ever had for pre-season conditioning). The weather was crappy. It was cold and damp and snowing. I thought the workout wasn't so bad--5 minute easy, 5 minutes hard, 5 minutes easy, 5 minutes hard, 5 minutes easy with 6X100m pick-ups at the end--but boy were the kids complaining. They're in for a rough season if they thought that was a tough workout.

My own workout was semi-rough too. I started with the HS kids and ran 1 mile around the track. Then a ran another quarter mile around the track while they cooled-down. When practice was over I ran two miles down Fodor Road. When I got back to the school I took a bathroom break and ran another 3 laps around the track. By this point the temperature was dropping and it was snowing pretty good and had gotten windy. Dad arrived at 5:00 and we went for a 6 mile run. When we got back to the starting point I only had two miles left to do, so I roped Dad into running it with me. He wasn't very happy, but he did it. So, I got in my mid-week long run. I have planned a seven miler tonight and then a big 18 miles tomorrow.

And it's supposed to be 17 degrees tomorrow morning. Sounds like fun, huh?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, meredith, that's hard core. good luck on the cold run tomorrow!

Val said...

It's Saturday. Are you running? =) Love you! Good luck! Just have DAVE post your hair pictures...