Friday, March 03, 2006

'Tis The Season

'Tis track season. And it all started yesterday with conditioning. Monday is the first official practice. To my surprise there were quite a few kids out for conditioning (more than we've ever had for pre-season conditioning). The weather was crappy. It was cold and damp and snowing. I thought the workout wasn't so bad--5 minute easy, 5 minutes hard, 5 minutes easy, 5 minutes hard, 5 minutes easy with 6X100m pick-ups at the end--but boy were the kids complaining. They're in for a rough season if they thought that was a tough workout.

My own workout was semi-rough too. I started with the HS kids and ran 1 mile around the track. Then a ran another quarter mile around the track while they cooled-down. When practice was over I ran two miles down Fodor Road. When I got back to the school I took a bathroom break and ran another 3 laps around the track. By this point the temperature was dropping and it was snowing pretty good and had gotten windy. Dad arrived at 5:00 and we went for a 6 mile run. When we got back to the starting point I only had two miles left to do, so I roped Dad into running it with me. He wasn't very happy, but he did it. So, I got in my mid-week long run. I have planned a seven miler tonight and then a big 18 miles tomorrow.

And it's supposed to be 17 degrees tomorrow morning. Sounds like fun, huh?


jeff said...

wow, meredith, that's hard core. good luck on the cold run tomorrow!

Val said...

It's Saturday. Are you running? =) Love you! Good luck! Just have DAVE post your hair pictures...