Sunday, April 26, 2009

Walk Like An Egyptian

My workout today said 45 minutes of cross training.  Yes, I'm still in recovery mode and have another week of it before I will get back to the running.  Sometimes I wonder what's worst--taper or recovery?  As I mentioned in a previous post, my sister is training for her 60 mile walk in July so I thought I would tag along today with her and her friend Jennifer.

The 45 minute walk turned into an hour and a half walk as I went the entire 6 miles with her.  Seriously, mad props to the walkers!  I made it through the marathon unscathed, but after a 6 mile walk today I have blisters on both of my heels.  I think the next time I help her with her training it will be on my bike or my in-line skates providing support.  

I'm still counting the miles towards my running for this month, though.  :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Interesting . . . . why do you think that is? Your shoes are made for running not walking, or somehow the mechanics of walking put pressure on your feet that the running doesn't? Curious . . . .

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Belated Congrats on the amazing Boston finish!!!!!!!!!