Sunday, May 17, 2009

Last night I went to the prom.  Not as a date, but as a vendor.  And, I loved it!

I have to admit, I have been hyper-critical of the current generation.  Or as I like to call it: the princess generation.  But last night I was proved wrong.  We worked at two local proms and we have nothing but high praises.  The kids were appropriate and polite, friendly and appreciative. When I worked at the high school as a coach I absolutely loved the kids and thought they were well behaved and mature, but I thought maybe it was because they were athletes who were disciplined and wanted to be there, etc.  But, maybe it's more than just athletes.  Maybe I've been too critical and my fear/thoughts about the next generation were wrong.  Thank you, kiddos, for helping me change my mind.

Check out all the fun we had this week on my other blog.  The posts will be up in the next couple of days.

No comments: