Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Little Off

I would love to tell you all about my adventurous evening, but I can't, so I'm going to tell you about my run today.

The miles are creeping up again as I've begun training for my next big race.  So today I had a 9 mile run with some up-tempo stuff thrown in.  I have been running on the same trails for years and it's always been a great place to run because it's off the streets, it's flat, it's mostly safe, and it's got every mile and half mile marked.  Last year while running with Andrea on a 17 mile run on this same trail, what we had added up as 17 miles by the markers was only 16 miles by the Garmin.  Hmmm...

Today during my up-tempo work, I discovered just how off the mile markers were.  Coach wanted me to run 8 min/miles which I've kinda forgotten what it feels like based on the fact I've been training some really fast stuff.  I went out too fast turning my first mile in 7:12.  Then I didn't slow down and even increased my heart rate and only had the second mile at 7:54.  Hmmm....I think something was off.

It was a great run though--felt comfortable and fast.

No comments: