Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

Did you have a good Christmas?  Did you clean up on the loot?

Our Christmas was spread out over several days.  We spent last weekend in Cleveland with Dave's family celebrating.  I had to work on Christmas Eve, so we celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas Day just the two of us.  We realized it was the first time in the 13 years we've been together that we attended Christmas Eve services just the two of us.  Both of us had to work today, the day after Christmas, a day we are getting a major snow storm, and the day we were supposed to celebrate Christmas with my family. Because of the snow storm, though, we had emergency Christmas in the morning, in which everyone descended on my parents' house, unwrapped presents quickly, and got home before we got snowed in.

Although I expected a Christmas full of gifts for the baby, I was surprised to only get two baby gifts and everything else was for ourselves.  Nice, because this will be the last time this happens, but also makes me a little nervous because we have absolutely NOTHING for the baby.

I got all of what I asked for on my list:

  • Socks - 12 pair, I kid you not
  • Running shoes - 2 pair - I'm set for all of 2013
  • Headbands - I got two Sparkly Soul headbands.  One in grey and one in red, my favorite color.  Now I can't wait for my hair to grow long enough to use them.
  • 2013 calendar - I had barely taken it out of the wrapping paper and I had already written appointments in it.
  • Gift cards - I got two Old Navy gift cards which I'm going to use one for maternity clothes and one for after I have the baby in the transitional phase as I'm losing the weight.  I also got two iTunes gift cards totaling $75.  I am set for music for a while.  My iPod is going to rock!
  • Mug/Thermos - I got three thermoses actually.  One is a Stanley mug that keeps things cold or hot for up to 6 hours.  We tested this and yes, things were warm at 6 hours and still hot through 4.  I also got two other basic travel mugs which will be great if drinking the drink right away.  One was a girly color and the other was not.  I think Dave and I will both use these.
Some other stuff I got that's awesome:
  • LED shoelaces.  They light up blue and will be awesome for running or walking at night or if I get the opportunity to do another overnight relay race.
  • Air mattress.  When we created the baby's room, we got rid of our guest room, essentially, including our guest queen-sized bed.  I don't know how I feel about having overnight guests once baby comes, but at least we have an air mattress now for them to sleep on.
  • Household products.  This gift was quite funny.  My parents have a membership to Sam's Club and got each of the adults in the family their own giant gift.  Dave and I combined got toilet paper, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, paper towels, Gatorade, etc.  This was a great gift.
  • As I mentioned we got two baby gifts.  We got a Magic Bullet Baby Bullet that we will use to make and freeze our own baby food once baby starts eating real food.  And then my sister's family made Dave, me, and baby matching Ohio State tie-dye shirts.  They're really cute and perfect for football season.
  • Finally, the most unexpected, biggest, and maybe greatest gift of all time.....Dave got me a new treadmill.  Seriously.  We have an old one that has seen better days.  It has sliders and a stretched out belt.  It no longer inclines.  And I alone have probably put 1000 miles on it.  The new one comes WiFi enabled where you can program in routes and the machine adjusts for the routes.  It has a heavy duty belt that he got the extended warranty on.  I has one touch buttons to control speed.  Not only does it incline, it also declines up to 3%.  This is a dream machine.  I cannot wait for it to be delivered next month.  It will be so helpful after baby arrives and my time outside may not be what it once was and it will also help me get back in shape.  
Overall, a great Christmas.  I'm glad it's over, though.  Now it's 100% concentration on baby, baby, baby!!!



1 comment:

Betsy said...

Funny...When I was out for my run I decided that I MUST have a treadmill when, if, when we have a babes so I can run or workout when ever I have those few minutes and if I'm home with a sleeping baby alone or something. I'm not actually having a baby but it just made so much sense during my random running thoughts. That's an awesome gift!