Friday, December 21, 2012

My Christmas List

This was a weird Christmas to ask for any presents.  Sure, I always have a running list in my head, but it seems weird to be asking for things for myself when we have absolutely nothing for baby.  Nonetheless, I made a small Christmas list that would make my life easier post-baby.

Socks Galore!!!!
All of my socks are old and have hole in them.  Winter socks, summer socks, running socks.  I asked for all of them.

Running Shoes
I ALWAYS need a new pair of running shoes.  I thought it would be smart to stock up so that I would have some that would last me into summer and hopefully beyond.

Headbands
Last year I cut off all my hair into a pixie.  It was fun for a while but now it's growing out and it's just awful!  Hopefully it will be long enough for a pony tail or something makeshift by the time the baby comes because I know there will be days that not only do I not get to fix my hair, I probably won't even get to shower.  So, I asked for some of those Sparkly Soul headbands to hold back my hair.  I've heard good things about them.

2013 Calendar
I know I have electronics out the wazoo and can keep an electronic calendar, but there's something about keeping a paper calendar.  I love being able to write down appointments and to dos and to be able to scratch them out after finishing them.  I asked for a Moleskine calendar.  It's my favorite.

Gift Cards
It's hard to find clothes to fit me this year and I don't want to buy clothes that may or may not fit me after this pregnancy, so I asked for gift cards that would help me with maternity clothes and/or clothes post-pregnancy (Old Navy).  This is a toughie as it is a competitor to the retail outlet I work for, however, I'm not sure I'm returning to work after the baby is born (more on that in another post).  I also asked for iTunes gift cards.  You can never have enough music on the iPod.

Mug/Thermos
When I was training for ironman, I always wanted to have warm hot chocolate waiting for me when I got out of the cold pool in the winter.  And I did, but it required a trip to Starbucks and a gazillion dollars spent.  My goal for 2013 is to spend as little money on frivolous things as possible, including hot chocolate.  So, I asked for an insulated mug to take beverages with me, whether hot or cold. 

See, a pretty basic list.  I told my family that they can use this as a shell and build upon it or use it as a starting point for other gifts.  We'll see what they come up with.


No comments: