Sunday, December 16, 2012

Week In Review

Monday - 3 mile walk, treadmill
I fully expect my child to pop out hairless and be that way for several years.  Dave and I are both natural blondes and both of us were born without hair.  I looked liked the poster child for any cancer society until the age of three when I started growing hair.  Where am I going with this?  I kind of expected to go through this pregnancy without any heartburn.  Well, I haven't.  I've started to develop reflux in my throat following my afternoon nap.  Today I went for a power walk on the treadmill following my nap.  My throat was on fire!  Maybe I've got to rethink my nap or rethink what I'm eating for lunch.

Tuesday - 2 mile run/walk, treadmill
Dave and I have had a hectic week already.  The earliest we got to go to the gym today was 8:00pm.  I started my routine of 2-1/2 minutes walk, 2-1/2 minutes jog.  Dave must have had a lot of stress to sweat out because he was flying beside me.  He finished three miles and started his cool down before I had even finished two miles.  So, I just stopped.  Something's better than nothing, right?

Wednesday - Off
I had the busiest day today.  Work, doctor's appointment, longest phone conversation with our lawyer (business issues), had to drive across town to get some basketball tickets, basketball game.  I did not spend one hour at home before going to bed.  And this wasn't a "productive day" so it just felt like I lost a day.  

Thursday -3 miles elliptical
And the meltdowns continue.  The workout was going pretty well but I noticed my heart rate was starting to creep as it went on.  Of course, I was getting hotter.  And pregnant-er.  Somewhere towards the end of the workout, somehow my heart rate spiked over 150 and that's when everything fell apart.  I slowed down to 160 steps per minute, took off all resistance, and had no crossramp.  It was ridiculous.  Dave asked me if I was okay and I cried.  I freakin' cried.  I know it's going to be difficult to continue to workout the whole pregnancy; I'm just not ready to let go of it yet.

Friday - Off
Dave, miraculously, had the day off.  So we took the afternoon to finish our Christmas shopping and just spend time together instead of work off.  I'll take these days any day!

Saturday - 3 mile walk, Highbanks Metro Park, group workout
Either I was slow today or the group was fast today because they finished their 6 right about the same time I was finishing my 3.  Highbanks is a tough workout because of the hills and trails and landscape.  It was a good walk, though, and I'm glad I got out there.  The weather was good - can't ask for anything more than that for December.

Sunday - Off
Sundays are difficult.  I usually only get up in enough time to shower, eat, and head out to church without getting a workout in beforehand.  By the time we get home from church it's lunch, nap, and then chores until Sunday is over.  I've got to find a way to get another workout in during the week so I do not have to rely on Sundays.

And I've got to find a way to get back in the pool!!!

Totals - 11 miles


No comments: