Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mmmm, Yum!

Another day, another doctor's appointment.

This one I was kind of dreading: the glucose test.  I have no reason to believe I would have gestational diabetes, but my sugar intake is, um, a lot.  I ate pretty well leading up to the test: eggs and toast for breakfast, a banana for a snack, a sandwich and salad for lunch.  When I got to the appointment they handed me a little plastic cup of pink liquid.  I was told I had three minutes to drink it.  I took a sip to determine the taste and....

It was freakin' delicious.  It tasted just like the punch you would have at a baby or bridal shower.  You know, the fruit punch, sprite, sherbet concoction.  I downed that sucker in like 30 seconds. 

Then I had an appointment with the doctor.  Usual measurements, usual questions.  She then told me again that the baby was up in my ribs.  This time I corrected her and told her at the ultrasound yesterday that the baby was laying sideways, hip to hip.  She said, hmmm, we're going to need it to move.  Uh, duh! 

Finally, I got the blood test for the glucose screening; two more vials of blood.  For those of you keeping count at home, we're now up to 36 vials of blood taken during this pregnancy.  I'll have the results tomorrow. 

And then when I checked out, they scheduled the rest of my appointments until the baby is born.  I believe there are only eight more appointments with the regular doctor and I have at least one more with the high risk doctor.  There IS a light at the end of this tunnel.

No comments: