Saturday, December 29, 2012

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Man, winter has hit hard this year and there's no end in sight!  Last night, the forecast called for 2-4 inches of new snow.  Dave and I went hung out with friends last night and when we left their house after midnight, it had yet to start snowing.  The forecast had called for the snow to be between 7:00pm and 1:00am so we figured, hmmm, this storm is going to miss us.  I checked the radar before we went to bed and it showed snow and lots of it, yet there was no snow outside.

Being that I can only sleep two hours at a time without having to get up and go the bathroom I was able to see throughout the night that was indeed snowing.  A LOT!!

When we got up in the morning for our group run, we had a lot of new snow on the ground.  Looks like we got about 6 inches of fresh snow, which made for our run/walk to be quite fun.  And beautiful!  Dang, I wish I had brought my camera!  It was quite, the snow was falling, and I was all alone on the trails.  I absolutely love winter running (walking).  It was a slow three mile walk, but it was so refreshing.  Dave managed to get in 6 hilly, snowy miles.  We celebrated with hot chocolates at Starbucks. 

Although I really wish I could run (or sled ride) in this weather, I'm so glad I can get out and still enjoy it.

No comments: