Friday, February 22, 2013

34 Weeks



This week's doctor's appointment was a pretty good one.  My weight is still coming along and consistent - about +30 pounds.  With only a few weeks left, I think I will be staying in the appropriate weight gain zone of 25-35 pounds.  My blood pressure was normal and the baby's heart rate was good. The doctor came in and talked to me some more about the contractions I've been having.  Well, I've still been having a lot.  In fact, on Tuesday I was able to time them for an hour.  They were 4 minutes apart lasting one minute a piece.  Yes, that should have sent me to the hospital, however, I was at work and didn't get the opportunity to change positions or eat some food and see if they would calm down.  After I left work and ate lunch and took a nap, they went away.  Well, the doctor wanted to make sure I wasn't walking around 5cm dilated so she did another internal exam.  I kind of found it funny that the nurse had given me information regarding my internal exams that would begin happening with my next appointment at 36 weeks, when I've already had three internal exams.  The good news, I guess, is that the contractions are real and they are doing something, although not much.  I am not yet dilated anything, however my cervix has shortened, the baby's head is right there, and I'm about 60% effaced.  The doctor said it's likely I will not make it to my due date.  We kind of already figured that being that the baby is so big.  My next appointment is 36 weeks and then every week after that.

Personally, I've reached a point of "I'm tired of this."  The belly has gotten so big and uncomfortable.  It hurts to stand; it hurts to sit; it hurts to lay down.  The baby is big and every movement feels exaggerated and like it's going to come straight through my belly.  The baby likes to move its hands across my bladder.  I swear one of these days I'm just going to wet myself.  And I'm wondering when I will get the nesting urge because all I really want to do is sleep.

I'm getting really tired of this sedentary lifestyle.  I dream of running races and being in the warm sunshine.  I can't wait to get a break from work and spend some time just being.  I'm restless being in the house for this rough winter.  Basically, the next five-ish weeks can't move fast enough.

No comments: