Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pregnancy Algebra

I graduated from engineering school, so I obviously studied a lot of math.  But pregnancy math is a whole different story.
  • You are pregnant for 40 weeks, which is not nine months but 10.  (I mean, I guess it's a FULL nine months).
  • You are two weeks pregnant the day you conceive.  Or in my case, I guess I was three weeks pregnant since my cycles are 35 days, not 28.
  • I am 33 weeks pregnant.
    • But my baby is due the day after Easter.
    • Lent starts this week which means there are six weeks until Easter.
    • How do I still have seven weeks left?
  • I am measuring one week ahead of schedule
Solve for X (as in, when the heck am I going to have this baby?).

4 comments:

Amy said...

My brain just exploded.

And wait... you're two weeks pregnant when you conceive? Clearly, I paid no attention in biology.

Andrea Hill said...

Your cycle is (was?) 35 days?? I am dying of jealousy here. I'm just in the midst of a text convo with a friend where I was complaining bc I'm about a 24 day girl (I range from 20-29).

Unknown said...

This whole thing totally blows my mind. Always has. I also don't get why they say that when I'm 24 weeks, 5 days I'm 24 weeks. Really, I've finished 24 weeks so I'm in my 25th week. I gave up on the whole months thing... I don't know if I'm 4, 5 or 6 along. It doesn't matter. I am due June 4th. :)

XLMIC said...

LOL! Babies come when they're ready. The "due date" is also known as the "ESTIMATED due date" because it's an estimate. I never had a baby born on its "due date." Every one was "late." Patience...patience :)

Of course, some come early. Not always a good thing. Happy pregnancy :)