Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

I was warned in my pregnancy that random strangers would touch my belly.  That hasn't happened, at all.  Maybe I give off a "do not touch me vibe", but after what I have experienced, I think I'd rather have people touch my belly.  See,  as I've gotten bigger I've noticed people saying what I deem as inappropriate things to me.  For example, a random stranger said to me that I looked like I was ready to pop and that was with 9 weeks to go.  I have also been told I am really round.  And even my sister said to me, "woah you got really big."

First of all, I am 8-1/2 months pregnant.  I am supposed to be big.  But only my belly is big.  I have done the right things to minimize extra weight gain.  Compared to other people in my position, I'm downright skinny.  Secondly, um, how rude!  Ask me when I'm due, ask me how I'm feeling, ask me if I'm ready, but don't just to how big I am.

So, what's the rudest thing anyone has ever said to you?

2 comments:

TriMOEngr said...

I've never figured out why people think it is appropriate to comment on a pg woman's size any more than when she is NOT pg. Duh! I recognize a few of those remarks. I don't think anyone ever touched me without my permission (and even then only friends who asked). Now that you mention it, it would be better than the rude comments though!

Val said...

I had random people touch me and often comment on the exact opposite, "ohhh, you don't LOOK like you're along!" Especially with C. It's just as frustrating as being told you're too big. Like there is any "right" or "wrong" way to do pregnancy.

The ONLY things people should say to a pregnant woman EVER are, "wow, you look fabulous!" and "can I get you anything?"