Tuesday, December 16, 2014

New Toy!

When I found out I qualified for USAT Age Group Nationals, I had a serious conversation with my coach.  We discussed my thoughts on all the running goals I had and if I would still be able to go after those.  For real, my running is my love.  Triathlon is just a sometimes hobby.  And then we discussed my suckage (it's a word) at biking.  I suck at biking.  SUCK!!!  And I don't want to suck.  I would love to be able to hold my own and then catch those chicks on the run.  I shouldn't suck as bad as I do.  Coach has been gently nudging me for years to get a powermeter so we can get down to the bottom of my biking suckage.  A few years ago I saved enough money to get one and then spent the money on new carpet.  Priorities.  But this year I decided to get serious about this.  I'm not going to go into Nationals and hope to not finish last.  So on Cyber Monday I found a good deal and purchased a new powermeter.  Yesterday it finally arrived.


After searching for tools for nearly a half hour, I was able to get the chainrings off my bike and onto the powermeter. 


Unfortunately, I wasn't able to remove my crank as don't have the tools to do that, plus I wouldn't be able to install the new bottom bracket as I don't have the tools for that either.  Now I have to figure out how to get the baby and my bike into the local bike shop today...

No comments: