Saturday, December 13, 2014

Week in Review

I did better this week of getting the workouts done, although I still fell a little short.  Baby steps.

Monday
Planned - 30-60 minute run with a few drills
Actual - 40 minute run; 4.62 miles in the dark.  Only rolled my ankle once!  I also made up last week's missing swim workout.

Tuesday
Planned - 2300 swim with a lovely progressive ladder in the middle of it; 30 minute basic strength
Actual - 2300 yard swim in 45 minutes; did one mile of run before strength and one mile after; 30 minutes of strength.

Wednesday
Planned - 45 minute track workout (30 second pick ups)
Actual - Hit the track at 6:00am in the cold and rocked out this workout.  My picks varied from a 6:44 pace to a 7:06 pace.  5.35 miles.

Thursday
Planned - 2400 swim with lots and lots of drills; 15 minutes of core work
Actual - Unfortunately, I never made it to the pool but I did do the core work and made Dave do it with me.  He loved it.

Friday
Planned - 40 minutes of biking with specific drills
Actual - I didn't get to do the drills as Dave kept talking to me and asking me questions and then my mom called in the middle of the workout.  Regardless, I still rode my bike on the trainer for 45 minutes.  8.28 miles

Saturday
Planned - 55 minute long run with holding a sustainable pace after a short warmup; hip, arm, and ab strength
Actual - Rocked this workout holding a steady pace without using my Garmin as a guide miles 2-6 were 8:53, 8:53, 8:50, 8:46, 8:56.  I call that consistency!  55 minutes, 6.13 miles.  Unfortunately, I didn't get in the strength.  Hopefully I can do some of that next week.

Sunday
Rest Day

Totals
Swim - 2300 yards
Bike - 8.28 miles
Run - 18.1 miles
Strength - 0.75 hours

No comments: