Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Isn't This Interesting?

Thanksgiving morning I woke up to this email:

  

You have got to be kidding me?  I did ONE triathlon in 2014, which shouldn't even be eligible as a qualifying race, and I qualified for the national championships???   Well crap!  This puts an interesting twist in my 2015 plans.  I mean, how can I NOT do the freakin' NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!?!?!

But, let's be real, I suck at biking.  And for me to get acceptable enough to even make a decent showing at a national race, I am going to spend every day between now and the race on my bike.  And even then, I'm still gonna suck at biking.  This causes concern for me because I still have big running goals for 2015.  Honestly, I moped around the house for a few days conflicted about all of this.  I really want my running goals, but how can you not do the national championships?  Finally, I sent an email to coach who straightened me out and let me know we can do both.  So, for now, the age group championships is on the schedule.  Guess you'll be seeing me on my bike a lot this year.

1 comment:

Carina said...

Woo-hoo and congrats! We knew you when...