Sunday, December 28, 2014

Week in Review

I'm now four weeks into my new training plans, and I tell you, I've been working harder than I have in a long time.  And consistent - I'm really trying to do things in order and do all the workouts.  This week was pretty good, even with Christmas and a surprise trip out of town this weekend (more on that Monday).

Monday
Planned: 2300 swim with a long set in the middle; strength training
Actual: The long set of the swim was near the end and I was tired by the time I got to it.  I really had to concentrate on my form throughout.  2300 yards; 30 minutes of strength.

Tuesday
Planned: track workout with a zillion 200s.
Actual: I felt like a rock star with this workout.  My 200s were fast and consistent with all but one with the same time and that one was one second faster.  Boom!  5.75 miles.

Wednesday
Planned: 2000 swim; 30 minute easy run
Actual: Unfortunately, I didn't get the swim in, but I did do an easy run on the treadmill.  3 miles.

Thursday
Planned: 45 minute bike; two different strength workouts
Actual: Yeah, I didn't get to the bike ride this week.  I probably shouldn't be skipping my bike rides.  I did do one of the strength workouts - short and sweet.

Friday
Planned: short run with hills
Actual: I just did an easy run on the treadmill as the long run I had planned this week was going to be plenty hilly.  3.5 miles

Saturday
Planned: Long run; strength training
Actual: I got to run with Amanda as she was home for the holidays.  We ran at a local metropark that has a hilly, rocky trail.  She and my friend Bridget really took it to Dave and me; I ran paces I haven't hit there maybe ever.  I wasn't able to do the full long run, but did enjoy some social time with Amanda before heading out of town with the family.  5.72 miles; 30 minutes of strength

Sunday
Rest Day

Totals:
Swim - 2300 yards
Bike - 0 miles
Run - 25.23 miles (this included some extra mileage that was not part of the plan)
Strength - 1.25 hours


No comments: