Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Coincidence?

It's been said I nap a lot. Okay, it's completely true. I LOVE to sleep! When I was unemployed I would sleep more hours a day than I was actually awake. Maybe that's called depression, but I call it paradise. Most weekends I take naps that last 2-3 hours, easily.

But, now I've got a million and one things to do and really shouldn't be napping. So, I have given up napping for lent. And I have gotten a lot done but here's what I discovered...

I can't sleep at night anymore either.

Giving up napping has completely thrown off my rhythm. I can't fall asleep. I can't stay asleep, and now I've been getting up before 7:00am without an alarm when I don't need to get up until 8:00am most days. And I'm grouchy! Really grouchy! I'm so tired and I can't even keep my eyes closed.

My coworkers thing this it's medically necessary for me to take a nap so I can sleep again. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Napping is the best habit to get into. When I am on vacation I tend to take a nap every afternoon. Then when its back to the real world. I am exhausted every afternoon. You can't lose with a good nap.

Michelle said...

It's been what, 2 weeks? that seems like enough time for your body to adjust, but maybe not. If you really want to try giving them up, I'd say give it another week or so, but, if it doesn't really matter, go back to your naps! ;-)