Thursday, March 05, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

My friend Michelle sent me a unique note on Facebook, where she quoted 20 of her favorite movies and then her friends had to guess what the movies were based on the quotes. I think I got 2/20.

I thought it would be fun to try that here for Thursday Thoughts. I'm going to give you 20 quotes from my favorite movies and then in the comments you respond with your answers. When the correct answer comes across in the comments, I'll put it in the post.

FYI, most of the movies are chick flicks.

DON'T CHEAT!!

1. That caviar is a garnish!
You've Got Mail

2. Well, this is fate! She's divorced, we don't want to redo the cabinets, and you need a wife. What do they call it when everything intersects?
The Bermuda Triangle.
Sleepless in Seattle

3. You're born into a family. You do not join them like you do the Marines.
While You Were Sleeping

4. You're a rotten drunk...always have been.
Well, you're a lousy friend...that's a new development.
Pearl Harbor

5. You hit two cones back there. Those could have been people...they could have been guests at her wedding!
They were cones!
The Wedding Singer

6. This place is like a museum. It's very beautiful and very cold, and you're not allowed to touch anything.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

7. I, I, I, I can feel them sucking the juice out of my eyeballs. Suck, suck, suck, SUCK...
Joe Versus the Volcano

8. Had my dream again where I'm making love, and the Olympic judges are watching. I'd nailed the compulsories, so this is it, the finals. I got a 9.8 from the Canadians, a perfect 10 from the Americans, and my mother, disguised as an East German judge, gave me a 5.6. Must have been the dismount.
When Harry Met Sally

9. There's a hole as big as my dick in the left wing.
Memphis Belle

10. Rita Hayworth used to say, "They go to bed with Gilda; they wake up with me."
Notting Hill

11. Crème brûlée can never be Jell-O. YOU could never be Jell-O.
I HAVE to be Jell-O!
You're never gonna be Jell-O!
My Best Friend's Wedding

12. She can't act, she can't sing, she can't dance. A triple threat.
Singing in the Rain

13. He respects you, and I think you ought to be the one to tell him. Being that you're going, too...
The Rookie

14. And who are you two supposed to be?
Bond, James Bond.
And Pussy Galore... in person.
Rent

15. I'll tell you what I'm doing. I want to buy eight hot dogs and eight hot dog buns to go with them. But no one sells eight hot dog buns. They only sell twelve hot dog buns. So I end up paying for four buns I don't need. So I am removing the superfluous buns. Yeah. And you want to know why? Because some big-shot over at the wiener company got together with some big-shot over at the bun company and decided to rip off the American public. Because they think the American public is a bunch of trusting nit-wits who will pay for everything they don't need rather than make a stink. Well they're not ripping of this nitwit anymore because I'm not paying for one more thing I don't need.
Father of the Bride

16. And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin' it so much, I cut that grass for free.
Forrest Gump

17. This is an incredibly romantic moment, and you're ruining it for me!
Pretty in Pink

18. At home we had a pet skunk. Mama used to call it Justin Matisse. Do you think that's just a coincidence? All day long she would to scream, "You stink Justin Matisse!" Then one day she just picked up a club and killed it.
Now that's a sad story.
If you liked the skunk, which we didn't.
Hope Floats

19. Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don't go into yours, you don't go into mine. You gotta hold the frame.
Dirty Dancing

20. Haywood is coming to the plate, who is leading he league in every offensive category, including nose hair.
Major League

11 comments:

Michelle said...

5. The Wedding Singer
6. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (?)
16. Forrest Gump
18. Hope Floats(?)
19. Dirty Dancing

Meredith said...

Man, Michelle you are good!

Lauren Starks said...

3. While You Were Sleeping.
10. Notting Hill
15. Father of The Bride ?
17. Pretty In Pink

Spie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spie said...

1. You've Got Mail
11. Sleepless in Seattle (?)

Meredith said...

Sleepless in Seattle is on the list but it's not #11.

Dave said...

It's killing me that no one is getting #20! (I'm not allowed to guess since I heard the making of the list)

I put up my list too...cmon over and guess mine as well!

Lindsay said...

#14 = rent!

i think anyway. lol. i used to watch that everrry night for like a year to fall asleep. not that it's boring, but b/c it was long in case i was having an insomnia night.

Danni said...

2- sleepless in seattle.

Nancy Pants said...

8. When Harry Met Sally (my favorite movie of all time!)

Sorry, I know this my first time commenting, so I hope I didn't ruin the game for anyone :)

Val said...

11. My Best Friend's Wedding!