Monday, March 23, 2009

My Weekend of FUN!

Friday afternoon Dave and I drove up to Chicagoland to hang out with Coach. :) We settled in and rested up for our big day on Saturday.

While Elizabeth and Christian were swimming a gajillion laps at the pool, Dave and I were eating our breakfast, playing with the dog, and getting our water bottles all in order. When they got home, Dave hopped on the computrainer for 5 hours of riding the CDA course and I got started on the treadmill. My workout was 20 minutes of warm-up then I hopped off and Liz put me through 4 strength exercises. Then it was back on the treadmill for a half mile at a half marathon pace. This routine of on the treadmill off the treadmill continued for 6 times. Finally, I got to cool down with about 8 minutes. I finished with 5-1/2 miles. I spent the rest of the day watching Dave pedal away. :)

Sunday morning I woke up sore, sore, sore. Who knew that you had muscles above your hip bones?! I was sore from my neck to my thighs. Seriously. But, there was more running to do. We headed to the Morton Arboretum where I ran 15 minutes of warm-up followed by 45 minutes at high zone 3/low zone 4 and then 15 minutes cool-down. I did about 9 miles. From there we went to the pool and had my stroke analyzed by Liz. Surprisingly I did pretty well. Sure I cross-over my arms, but I must have done pretty well because Coach thinks I should be a triathlete. Maybe not a triathlete, but I might give aquathlon a try.

This morning I did some more swimming. The soreness is mostly gone. Good thing....tomorrow is an 18-20 mile run. :)

No comments: