Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break Blues

My two weeks of spring break are coming to a close and I think I'm kinda happy about it. The first week I was really motivated and got all my workouts in and got a lot of work done and really had high hopes for getting the house cleaned. But this second week has been a total wipeout. Maybe it's because we've had three photo booth events this week or because it's rest week from working out, but I feel exhausted. I feel like all I want to do is sleep all day and eat, eat, eat.

After the 20 mile that didn't happen on Tuesday, I begged coach to let me try again this week. She said no. So I asked if I could do something shorter, like 10 miles. She reluctantly agreed. This morning I headed out for that run and immediately I felt off again. I feel like my hamstrings have been shortened, that I've gained 10 pounds, that I've spent the last three days being lazy and sitting on the couch (which I have). I made it through 8 miles and then my bladder told me I was done. And I was glad.

I'm ready for spring break to be over so I can go back to gymnastics and S-T-R-E-T-C-H! I know I can stretch here at home, but when it's your job it's different. I'm ready for one more week of solid training. I'm ready for this marathon to be over.

To all my marathon friends out there, sound familiar?

No comments: