Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

Lindsay asked in my FAQ post earlier this week what my favorite work assignment was when I worked as engineer.

Seven years I worked as an engineer and my favorite work assignment was my very first.

My last quarter of college I landed a full-time job working as a management engineer at the OSU Medical Center. My first assignment was to help make the registration process more efficient in the emergency department. I had ALWAYS wanted to be a doctor and I loved that I got to spend time in the ER. I put together some time studies, created a simulation (my specialty) and presented it to a board of medical personnel including the chief of medicine. They loved it and implemented it. Knock on wood, I haven't been back to the ER to see how it's going.

So, what's been you're favorite work assignment to date?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow--I didn't realize that! That's so cool!

Lindsay said...

very cool assignment! and glad you haven't been back of course :)

i've only been on one project so far in my 'professional' job (building power plants in sc) so i don't have anything to compare it to. don't know that i'd call it awesome... ;)

Michelle said...

Oh, I never answered the question. I guess my favorite work assignments have always been out of my "degreed" area (nursing). I've worked at public libraries a few times in my life, and I've always loved that. Finding new books (and movies), helping kids with school projects, recommending good stuff to read!! Of course, it never paid as well . . . .