Saturday, November 21, 2009

Six Years in a Row!!!

I have lived in Columbus, Ohio my whole life. I have no idea what it is like not to live in a college town. This town in CRAZY in the fall. It's football, football, football!!! This week was no different as we clenched the Big Ten title and the Rose Bowl bid last Saturday. Then we geared up all week for the big game, Michigan. Or should I say, "the state up north." Game day in Columbus is a sea of scarlet. Everywhere you look people are wearing jerseys and sweaters and t-shirts, all Ohio State gear. If you go to the grocery store before the game, there are tons of people buying food for parties. If you go to the grocery during the game, it's a ghost town. Not a sole in sight. After the game, people high five perfect strangers. You can hear cheers of O-H...I-O across the street or any public place.

I love living in a college town. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Go Bucks!

5 comments:

GetBackJoJo said...

Go Bucks! I have never lived in a college town except in college, and then it was actually a central Maine town and a Div. 3 school, so I have no loyalties. So Go Bucks! :)

Unknown said...

I took the boys to a library program this past Tuesday, and couldn't believe we were the only ones wearing any sort of Buckeye gear or even scarlet and grey!

Stephanie Estridge said...

Love it! I'm still so hungover. Igh

Megan L. Killian said...

haha... I'm a Michigan fan all the way. Don't hate me! by the way, I think we're teammates now :-D

Unknown said...

i'm hoping that my ducks win the oregon civil war and secure their rose bowl bid. it'd be great to have ohio and oregon play! i could just sit and watch the game for the game and be happy with whoever won.