Sunday, November 08, 2009

Week One is Done

You know, I've trained for 13 marathons and they've all been hard. Throw in that mix two half Ironmans I've done. Yeah, that was hard too. But triathlon training with a coach is a whole different ball game. Today I completed week 1 and I've got to say, I'm exhausted. I've done almost as many hours this week as I've done in peak weeks of marathon training. I am so sore I feel like I've raced a half or full marathon. I'm so tired I've napped almost every day for 2 hours and then slept 8 hours at night. I've been trying to pay attention to what I eat and keeping it good food, but holy cow am I hungry All THE TIME!!

If this is week one, what the heck is yet to come?

6 comments:

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Very interesting! Definitely get the hungry all the time! This was a big hungry week for me. The 2-hour naps everyday sound scrumptious. :-)

D said...

Welcome to the reason that I've changed my plans. Well that and I need to sell my bike lol.

Thomas Tan said...

It must be nice to have a coach. I often wonder if I should get an actual coach vs. online coach or vice versa. I'd be very interested in your experience.

I'd like to do an Ironman some day, maybe join a group training program next year and aim for 2011.

GetBackJoJo said...

It gets better. Just let yourself adjust. You will be amazed at how fast your get used to it... really!

Liz Waterstraat said...

GORDON! I gave you 5 hours and 45 minutes of training last week. You, dear, are going to spend that much time on one bike ride come July. :) You love it. All of it. And, you can't wait for more. PS - eat your vegetables.

Kristi Lynn said...

More eating, more workouts, addiction to the workouts and an Ironman. :) That is what happened to me after training for a half ironman with a coach. You want to eat everything in site! and I love it!