Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tsk, Tsk

On the Today show today, Matt Lauer and a panel of experts discussed spanking children. Yes, I was spanked as a child. A LOT. My parents would say that's not true. They obviously are going senile in their old age. ;) Anyway, I got spanked again today. This time by Coach. I was bad.

You see, I've been attending a core class at the gym every Wednesday since I broke my finger. That's 12 weeks ago if you're keeping track. And some day it may stop hurting. Getting back on topic, I didn't think it was a big deal I was going to this class. It wasn't aerobic and only a half hour so I didn't figure it was any different than doing crunches on my own at home. But when I discussed on my Facebook page today that I enjoyed my workouts this morning and was looking forward to my swim this afternoon, Coach pulled out her paddle and gave me a public lashing. Yikes! She didn't realize I was going to core. I guess it was a bigger deal than I thought it was.

No big deal, though. I postponed the swim until tomorrow. I recorded the core workout. Hopefully we can find a way to work it out that I can keep going to core and still get in all my workouts in a week. I have to admit, when training for my marathons I would often vary the training schedule to match my mood or my daily schedule and still got in all the workouts in a week, but I'm finding the triathlon training is not that flexible. Maybe I'll have to be the flexible one.

2 comments:

D said...

Do what coach says as she says it. There's a reason for everything!

GetBackJoJo said...

That's why you have a coach!!! :) She's the smarty pants that's going to get you --there- or wherever you need and want to go. There are reasons why certain workouts are on certain days and in a certain order... so you deserve that spanking!! haha! just kidding.
And FYI, I think we were all spanked, and I think all of our parents deny it now. I love my folks, but especially my mom re-writes history big time. I was an angel and I never got in trouble, according to my mom now.. ummmm