Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

I have always grown up a tomboy, but in the last couple of years I feel like I have digressed to the point where I think I might actually be becoming a dude. One of my goals for 2009, is to change this and work on my wardrobe, my appearance, my overall being and try to become more lady-like.

I've been wearing earrings (I have five piercings in my ears, you'd think I might shove a ring through them every once in a while), perfume, lipstick, I've been trying to not wear my hair in a ponytail. But, I still feel like I'm not cutting it.

So the question for this Thursday is, what do you do, ladies, to improve your overall appearance from jock to goddess? Or if you are a man who reads this, what is something you like that makes a woman more feminine.

Please keep in mind, I'm looking forward outward appearance. Keep it clean!

7 comments:

Stef0115 said...

I recently changed hair stylists to get a fresh perspective and look because I was bored. I went with a referral (would NEVER choose a new stylist without one) and I got a nice cute "do" that I like.

I also make sure my clothes are form fitting without being tight OR baggy. I like to show off the assets as best I can while still being classy and business appropriate if I'm meeting clients!

Lindsay said...

i admire you. putting effort into your feminine appearance! i am going to be no help here as i have been planning my work wardrobe around my ability to just wear a sports bra instead of a real one...

Amy said...

Ok, so I'm curious what other people have to say for this, too... cause I struggle with the same thing.

Two things for me that I find that make me feel more feminine (which hopefully makes me exude feminity) is to wear matching, cute undergarments (for some reason, just knowing that I have them on makes me feel more womanly...) and heels. Whenever I put on high heels... BAM. Instant girly girl.

Hope you get some other good advice!

maria khoury said...

i think painting my nails makes a big difference, even in just how pretty i feel.
also...cute headbands when i am running! makes me feel like a girl out there.

Anonymous said...

Well she's all you'd ever want,
She's the kind they'd like to flaunt and take to dinner.
She's got style, she's got grace, She's a winner.

What she's got is hard to find, and I don't want to lose her

She's a lady. Whoa, whoa, whoa. She's a lady.

Anonymous said...

For me, switching from flipflops to heels made all the difference..

Michelle said...

Actually, I don't think ponytails are un-lady-like. Personally,I think that long hair generally seems more feminine (if you can wear it long, and I think it looks cute on you.) My suggestion: watch Grace Kelly in Rear Window. I think she looks feminine, but not frumpy, and shows off her curves without "flaunting" too much. Obviously, some of the styles are too formal and just wouldn't work right nowadays or with your lifestyle, but I think it gives you a good idea. At least I like it ;-). Oh, and I usually don't bother painting my fingernails b/c they never stay nice for very long, but I almost always paint my toenails--even in winter! ;-)