Saturday, February 07, 2009

Maiden Voyage

I have named my new shoes:

The Green Dragons

First of all, they look intimidating which dragons are. And, The Green Dragon is a little pub in the North End of Boston that Dave and I like to go to after the marathon.

Today I took them out for their maiden voyage. The first thing that struck me is how their is NO padding in them. Duh. I felt fast during the fast parts and sore during the slow parts. I had a pretty hard run yesterday and I've been doing most of my runs on the treadmill so who knows if that was the shoes or not. One shoelace came untied while I was running, which is a problem since I ALWAYS double knot my shoes. I made trade laces for my triathlon no-tie laces so this isn't a problem in a race.

Overall, I'm looking forward to letting the dragons fly next weekend.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

yeah my flats are soo un-cushiony too. just think about how much faster it makes you from the less weight you haul on each leg pick-up! i know it's minimal but over 13 or 26 miles i dunno i'd like to think it adds up.