Friday, February 20, 2009

Fast Twitch

Yesterday Coach gave me a treadmill workout that I was dreading:

15 minute warm-up building to zone 2
Off the treadmill, 3 core exercises,
4 X 3 minutes @ 7:30 pace
2 minutes @ 7:15 pace
1 minute @ 7:00 pace
3 core exercises
6 minute cool down

As much as I was dreading it, I totally rocked this workout. The 7:30s felt comfortable, the 7:15s were doable, and the 7:00s were quite management as I reminded myself to take small steps and have a quick turnover.

If these paces are feeling comfortable on the treadmill, how fast will I be going on the roads?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meredith,
Thanks for posting this workout and CONGRATS on completing it! I think I may steal it and tweak it, sounds like something I need to be doing too!
Keep training!
Kristin :)

Lindsay said...

nice job hitting the paces and not feeling like death at the same time :)

Anonymous said...

I did this at "Kristin" pace. 6.5, 7.0,7.5 treadmille time. Felt good until last sprint then felt it in the groin. Goodluck in your 1/2 marathon this weekend. I am a half marathon gal and I "get it."