Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Way Back Machine--Prom Edition

Ahhh, my love of Facebook. I FREAKIN' LOVE FACEBOOK!!! I love that all my old high school friends and boyfriends are on there. I love that I can spy on them in such a public setting. :) I love reading all their quirky notes and reminiscing about all times.

Today, we're going old school--prom edition.

When I was a freshman in high school a junior asked me to the prom. I agreed to go, but just a few weeks before the dance the guy said that he loved me and I really thought we were just friends going to the dance together. I decided to cancel the date and didn't go to the prom that year. My sophomore year I was dating a senior so we went to prom together. Now he's married, is the pastor of a church and you can check him out here. My junior year I was casually dating a sophomore and we decided to go together. It was probably my favorite prom because I went with a friend instead of a boyfriend. Sorry Jason. My senior year I went with a junior boyfriend and that night ended horribly. I found out he was cheating on me and I believe my sister's boyfriend took me home that night. Truly, I have blocked out that night entirely. At least I looked killer in my dress.

And speaking of which, let's take a trip down memory lane to those fabulous dresses!
This is from my sophomore year. Don't you just love the teal?! And the totally '80s-ness of this outfit?! Except it wasn't the 80s. It was 1994! My favorite part is the dyed shoes to match. And also, the zit right in the middle of my forehead. I'd love to say that went away, but not so much.



Now, front and back style of my junior prom:




And finally, my senior prom. Seriously, were we pimps? Were we Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers? Could my hair be any taller?



I'm really enjoying these trips down memory lane. :)

6 comments:

maria khoury said...

i'm gonna be honest...i think that turquoise dress is adorable! and i think the high schoolers i teach would totally wear it today. so you weren't 80s in the 90s...you were 00s in the 90s. and thats waaaay cooler.

Meredith said...

Isn't it funny how fashion comes around?

:) said...

Not funny at all. I hate that neon is making a comback! ;)

Lindsay said...

i like how you had perfectly matching teal shoes!! i love looking back on old pics. usually embarrassing, but always funny:)

Andrea Hill said...

Ha, I remember when I said I was on facebook and you thought we were too old. It IS addicting, isn't it???

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

No No No...He did NOT wear a top hat!?!?!