Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Fish Out of Water / Human in the Pool

We joined the Y.  Yesterday I got back in the pool for the first time in over a year.  This is what I might have looked like in my swim suit (being that I'm about 19 weeks prego and still sporting last year's swimsuit).


Wow!  I'm a bit rusty.  I thought I would easily be able to bang out 1000 yards, but after a mere 8 laps my arms were on fire!  I had to stop after 10 laps and stretch and rest.  Then I did another 10 laps.  And another and another.  I finally stopped at 1000 yards.  I had hoped to do it continuously, but it's been a long time.

A friend of mine from high school said swimming would feel like heaven for this pregnant body.  I thought I would love it because I don't have any nausea and I love not having to have my clothes squeeze the living daylights out of me.  Now, I didn't hate it, but parts of it were weird.  For example, everything stretches weird when I put my hands above my head.  I feel like I am going to bust out a stretch mark right then and there.  I am trying my hardest not to get any stretch marks!  But I did enjoy that there was no pressure on my belly and my bladder.  It was great to do a workout and not have to take four million bathroom breaks.  Hopefully swimming will get better and easier and feel a little more natural the more I do it.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

No bathroom breaks cause you just pee'd in the pool? :P

Meredith said...

Haha. No. Because there was no pressure on my bladder.