Monday, November 05, 2012

Needing a Little Support

Running/walking has not been all that kind on this pregnant body.  Because I've had to slow down, gained weight, doing a lot more walking, etc., my gait has been changed and therefore I'm battling some aches and niggles.  I have developed plantar fasciatis in my left foot (typical), re-aggravated my injury from falling down the stairs, and my back has begun to ache a lot.

Saturday I bought what is called "The Ultimate Pregnancy Support Belt".  It supports under the belly and the upper and lower back.  Check me out!



If my belly button gets any deeper, my belly is gonna look like my butt.

I tested my new apparatus on the treadmill.  And it was great!  It held everything in place.  Running felt easier.  My back felt a little better (although sore afterwards).  My favorite part, I was able to run 2 miles without having to go to the bathroom.

Of course, afterwards I kept worrying that I had the belt too tight and that I was smooshing the baby.  For the rest of the evening I kept hoping to feel the baby move.  Then I turned my concern to Facebook, you know, the source of all information.  :)  My parent friends assured me that the baby was okay and that I would love the belt while working out.  They were right, and I have felt the baby move since then.

Money well spent.  More on that tomorrow.

No comments: