Thursday, January 10, 2013

28 Weeks

Third trimester, y'all!!!



How far along? 28 weeks, 7 months
Total weight gain: I've been fluctuating between 20-25 pounds for the last couple of weeks.  At this point I'm thinking the 25-35 pound weight gain is doable.
Maternity clothes? I'm wearing almost all maternity clothes with a few pieces mixed in to be acceptable at work.  I work for a clothing retailer that "requires" us to wear the clothing to work.
Stretch marks? Nope.  I'm keeping everything well lubed (that's what she said).
Sleep:  I am only sleeping 1-2 hours between bathroom breaks at night.  Due to the really bad reflux I'm experience, I have also been woken up many nights with a little bit of vomit in the throat (gross, sorry).  When I do get a lucky 3-5 hours of continuous sleep, I actually feel more tired the next day.  Even before getting pregnant I was getting up 2-3 times per night to go to the bathroom.  Interrupted sleep doesn't really bother me.
Best moment this week: I had my biweekly doctor's appointment yesterday.  It was a good appointment.  She said everything seemed normal, my weight gain was good, she was happy I was still running, she said my ab muscles still looked good, and she thinks all of this will be beneficial for my labor and deliver.  Let's hope.
Miss Anything? A good glass of wine or margarita, running fast, pants with buttons.
Movement:  All the time and everywhere inside the belly.  The little munchkin is a mover!  The movement has gotten so big that you can see it.  Dave got to witness this for the first time last night.
Food cravings:  French fries!!!  Have your the commercials for the new Rally's burger that has the French fries ON the burger?  Seriously, I want to try that.
Anything making you queasy or sick: It seems like everything gives me really bad reflux and therefore I always feel a little vomit-y.  Starting today I'm going to try eating smaller portions and earlier in the day.
Gender: Not telling.

Labor Signs: Not yet.  That's a good thing.
Symptoms: Gosh, all of them.  It doesn't take much standing or walking to cause my feet and my back to hurt.  My ribs hurt.  I developed some numbness/tingling in my lower belly, which my doctor said is perfectly normal as I grow.
Belly Button in or out? It's just kind of there.  It's on the verge of popping out but not quite yet.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.  The only swelling I've experienced is when I sit for too long.  Then my legs swell a little.

Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm pretty moody anymore.  I'm either full-on rage or crying about something.  I know I still have 12 weeks left, but honestly, I'm about over being pregnant.
Looking forward to: This week is our baby showers.  Right now we have very little baby stuff in the house.  After this weekend it might seem to be a little more real.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea! I thought that Rally commercial looked awesome too. I needed Arby's fries with Keira.