Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week in Review

Monday - 4 mile run/walk, treadmill and 1200 yard swim
Treadmill workout as follows: 1st mile as 2-1/2 minute walk, 2-1/2 minute run; miles 2-4 as 5 minute walk, 2-1/2 minute run.  I reminisced how it used to take me 30 minutes to do 4 miles and today it took me an hour and two minutes.

Dave wanted to hit the pool later in the evening and as tired as I was (I was already in my pajamas when he asked me to go), I went anyway.  He was doing a workout and I was just going to splash around, but I grabbed a pull buoy and did 12 X 100 yards pull while he was doing whatever he was doing.

Tuesday - 3 mile walk, treadmill
Something happened over the weekend and my belly got BIG.  This morning when I went to work, I couldn't button my coat, at all.  I know that's not going to change for the next 11 weeks, but I still wanted to feel good about myself, so I walked 3 miles slowly on the treadmill.

Wednesday - 2.25 mile run/walk, treadmill
I wasn't really in the mood to work out today, but Dave was heading to the basement to ride his trainer, so I joined him on the treadmill.  Since I just walked yesterday, I thought I would do a little running today.  Each day I try to come up with a pseudo workout in my head.  Today's would be 1/4 mile walk, 1/4 run.  The most I've been running has been 2-1/2 minutes and a quarter mile would take longer than that (good gosh).  It was a bit much but I was only doing the workout for only a few miles.  The last quarter mile was a slow cool down walk.

Thursday - Off
We decided to visit our friends who just had a baby and bring them some dinner instead of working out.

Friday - Off
We had planned on going swimming this morning, but we didn't know we would be spending all night in the hospital either.  I was still feeling really crappy for almost all of the day, so I didn't do any working out today either.

Saturday - 2.25 mile walk, treadmill
I felt so much better when I woke up Saturday.  I had overslept the group run, but Dave was planning on a long workout in the basement so I joined him on the treadmill.  Walking was enough today.  I started quicker and ended slowly and I was okay with that.

Sunday - Off
I overdid it yesterday and not just on the workouts.  I slept the whole day with my family attending both my niece and nephew's basketball games.  Sitting all day long was just too much and I woke up pretty sore today.  I think all of this happening this week was definitely a sign to slow down.  Although, I'm hoping it does not mean bed rest.  I am a bit nervous to be heading to the doctor this week.

Totals
Swim - 1200 yards
Walk/Run - 11.5 miles

No comments: