Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Just Keep Swimming

Dave and I both had Monday off from work.  Because we had the daytime available to workout, Dave wanted to go to the pool.  I was still not feeling 100% from whatever happened last week, but I agreed to go and just use the pull buoy until he was done with his workout.  Dave is now sorta training for his half ironman and he kept adding numbers.  I lost count but I knew it was going to be a long time in the pool.

Mostly, I did the swim continuously.  I would stop every once in a while if I needed a small break or to check up on Dave and see where he was in the workout.  When I was around 1500 yards Dave said he had 400 left.  Good grief!  This workout was never going to end.  Finally, I did 2000 yards and was only 50 yards behind Dave when he finished his 2000. 

It may not seem like much, but doing a longer swim like this makes me feel like I am accomplishing something.  It's the small victories this late in pregnancy that really help.


No comments: