Wednesday, January 02, 2013

December and 2012 Totals


December is the month I started slowing down.  After Thanksgiving, I think I switched to all walking.  Running and using the elliptical just got to be too much and I left most workouts crying.  That's just not worth it.  So I put on my big girl panties and said, "You know what?  I'll just walk then."  And I did.  And I started to add some swimming back in.  And I experimented with yoga.  Overall I think it was a successful month.

December
Swim - 1500 yards
Run/Walk - 43.25 miles
Other - 1.5 hours (snow shovel, yoga)
YMCA Visits - 13
YMCA Cost per Visit - $5.75

Wow!  What a year it has been.  I started the year battling the deepest depression I've ever had, which I conclude was more of a mental breakdown than anything.  I fought through it with the help of a couple of different doctors, a very patient husband, and running therapy.  And then I started to have fun, which yielded great results.  I finally was starting to get my head back in the game.  I started to use my bike as a form of transportation and enjoyed biking without the pressure of triathlon.  Then the shocker - I was pregnant, which obviously, changed my running plans.  I kept running, though, and even did some races while I was pregnant.  We joined the YMCA and started to get back to swimming.  I think 2012 was a great year.  I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store.

2012
Swim - 5300 yards
Bike - 96.15 miles
Run/Walk - 880.7 miles
Other - 12.25 hours

No comments: