Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Come out of the closet

I think Dave is pregnant. He seems to be nesting. He came home from Yellowstone on Sunday and hasn't stopped working. That's so un-Dave like. He came home with a plan to redo our bedroom and make it more adult-like. Funny part is, I had thought of ways to improve our bedroom while he was on vacation. Right now it's just a catch-all for all our shit. Being that we have a first floor master, we should probably consider making it nicer. My thoughts are in my head knowing full well it's never going to get done. We have so many projects going on in the house and NONE of them are finished or may ever be finished.

Dave seems to be taking this seriously, though. His plan today, clean out the closet and figure out a way to put his dresser in there. Did I mention he also joined me for ice cream post-work, mowed the lawn, went to the grocery, and helped make dinner? I know! Serious nesting!

Unfortunately, this is what our closet looks like right now. And I'm guessing it's not going to get any better before bedtime, which means this is all the crap I'm going to trip over when I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.





I think it's time for Dave to sign up for another race.

4 comments:

Val said...

Hahahhaa. Funny how it goes in cycles of mess and then, "I Can't Stand It Anymore So Let's Organize Everything" which is then followed by "Holy Cow We Have More Stuff Than I Thought" until it goes back to mess. And where is the living in squalor comment? 0=)

Meredith said...

I'm not rejecting anonymous comments I feel are inappropriate.

Unknown said...

tell dave i like his polka dot galoshes.

Marit C-L said...

Well - at least you know it'll get worse before it gets better. I've arrived home to find Nathaniel "cleaning" - only to have EVERYTHING strewn about and everywhere... (cue scary music). Yeah - sounds like Dave definitely needs a race pronto !