Monday, August 17, 2009

While the cat's away, Mer needs something to do

Dave went to Yellowstone with his Dad and brother on Friday and will not be back until this coming Sunday. This is the longest we've ever been apart and to top it all off, he doesn't have cell phone coverage as he is backpacking and camping and whatnot. This summer I've gotten kind of used to being alone during the day but I know some time between 5:00 and 6:00 that garage door is going to open and Dave will be home. Not so this week. And...I don't know what to do with myself!!! I'm on a recovery week so it's not like I have a whole lot of training to do. Yesterday I didn't leave the house until dinner because my sister invited me over. Otherwise I would have spent the whole day without saying a single word out loud. Today I left the house for a swim and to go to the post office. I didn't shower until noon. This could be the longest week of my life.

I need something to do. Any ideas?

5 comments:

D said...

You should have taken a trip of your own at the same time. I hear Vancouver's nice this time of year. Just sayin.

Meredith said...

But I already took a vacation. I went to Alabama with my parents a few weeks ago. I have a business to run. It's kinda hard to leave right in the middle of wedding season.

Molly said...

Catch up on movies and go shopping for some new lingerie for when he comes home!

Meredith said...

Here's what's funny. I used to work for Victoria Secret and I just cannot go into that store. That stuff scares me. :)

I did borrow Mama Mia from the library and think I will watch it tomorrow.

Teenage Tri Queen said...

Hmmm... I don't live in a house by my self, nor am I home alone with out by brother alot, but when the house gets to quite, or I am just bored I turn on the TV or read, but if I could drive I would go shopppin for sure, maybe even take a day trip!