Monday, June 08, 2015

How Do I Spin This?

Earlier this spring I was contacted to give a try to a product and write a review.  I tried the product again and again and it just wasn't doing anything for me.  On top of that, it had some confusing directions that just didn't make any logical sense.  The company has contacted me a few times asking me about the review.  For a while I ignored the emails.  The last one, though, I sent back a response letting them know that I didn't think the product lived up to expectations.  Unfortunately, the email bounced.  Now I don't know what to do.  I don't want to write a fake, positive review.  Product whores drive me insane and I will not be one of them.  Do I write a review?  Do I try contact the company again?  Do I wait for them to contact me again?  What do I do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should go ahead and write the review. You don't have to completely trash the product, just give your honest recount of your experience with it. If companies want bloggers to try and review their products, they have to deal with people that aren't happy with their products writing reviews as well. I've read plenty of honest reviews that aren't in favor of the product and it's much better than someone that only ever writes reviews about loving the product.