Monday, June 15, 2015

Product Review: The Runner's Choice

I guess it is time to write this review.  It's not going to be very long.  I don't have a lot to say about it.  It's not going to be positive or negative, necessarily.  I just didn't feel the product did what I expected it to do or hoped it would do. 

I was contacted several months ago to try out a product, The Runner's Choice.  I get contacted often to try out things, mostly weird stuff or to run people's races and review them (even though they rarely provide me a free entry - um, no).  Usually I turn the person down or ignore the email, but this one intrigued me.  It's a foot serum, used while resting or sleeping, to get your feet back ready to run.  It's for sore feet.  And with its smell, I expected it to soothe my hot feet. 

I have been blessed as a runner to not have totally awful feet.  I've not had problems with blisters or black toenails or losing toenails or bunions or hammer toes or whatever gross things happen to most runner's feet.  Maybe it's because I treat my feet with care.  I never wear heels.  I'm not even sure if I own a pair.  If I have to wear dress shoes I wear flats.  Generally I wear sneakers.  With everything.  Everywhere.  Anyway, one thing that does bother me after long runs is hot feet.  (For the record, my feet get really hot after a night of drinking too.  Weird.)  So, I thought this serum might help cool my feet and allow me to sleep better.  Unfortunately, I didn't really get that feeling.

The product contains eucalyptus, wintergreen, peppermint, and spearmint, all things that I thought would cool down my feet.  Maybe I didn't put it on thick enough.  Maybe I did something wrong.  Regardless, my feet were still hot.  And since no one has perfected creating a blanket that has holes for my feet, I still had problems falling asleep with my hot feet.

Another thing was the directions.  They just weren't very clear or at least, I thought they were confusing.  It tells you to rub all over your feet and up to your ankles and to not rub in.  It then tells you to wash your hands.  Call me crazy, but if I put this stuff all over my feet with my hands and then have to wash my hands, how the heck am I supposed to get back to my chair or bed without my feet hitting the floor and rubbing away the serum?  I would either have Dave put it on my feet so he could get up and wash his hands or I would put it on using a cotton ball.

I haven't found a great solution for my hot feet yet.  This product, The Runner's Choice, did not do the trick for me.   It's not a terrible product review.  I would say it's constructive.  I hope they get my feedback and my email I sent that supposedly bounced and work to make a better product.



No comments: